We're Hiring a year-round part-time market manager!
The SODU Farmers’ Market is currently seeking a year-round part-time manager (20-25 hrs./week) who has a passion for the local food movement.
We are looking for an organized and detail-oriented person with great communication skills to manage the Market and assist with Market promotion within the community.
Preparation and Attendance for Saturday market | 60%
● Communicates with Market vendors for weekly product information, stall assignments, and RSVP confirmations
● Drafts and releases weekly vendor and customer newsletters
● Attends nearly all (50) Saturday Markets, including setting up and taking down Manager and Activity Tents, stations, and accessories
● Collects weekly market statistics
● Ensures vendors and shoppers are in compliance with market rules and bylaws
● Develops and coordinates Music and Educational activities at Market
Day-to-day administration, communication, and other tasks | 30%
● Completes data entry on all relevant Market Statistics
● Performs token reconciliation and stall fee handling
● Makes timely deposits of stall fees
● Maintains positive & collaborative vendor and customer relationships
● Communicates in a timely fashion with vendors, customers, potential corporate and community sponsors, grantors, and others, serving as the public face of the market
● Researches grants and other forms of fundraising and maintains accurate records to support grant reimbursement
● Works with Events and Marketing Committees to fulfill market objectives
● Maintains a regular social media presence for market
Monthly board meetings | 10%
● Prepare statistics, graphs, and monthly market information for the board’s review
● Attend the first portion of the board meeting and present the monthly manager’s report
● Provide insight into the health of the Market
● Serves as liaison between Market vendors and the Board of Directors
● A passion for the local food movement, and a history of community engagement
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Attention to detail, and good follow-through
● Experience using Google Drive, Docs, & Sheets
● Experience using social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
● Must be able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Must be able to lift 25 pounds and intermittently lift 50 pounds regularly.
● A background in grant writing is a bonus
● Experience with MailChimp
● Fluency in Spanish